Athabasca Tribal Council
Reporting to CFS Director, located in Edmonton, band designate worker will be executing the following responsibilities:
- Extensive working knowledge of the Provincial Policies, Standards, and Legislation in relationship to CFS.
- Ongoing communication with Chief and Council regarding the children’s permanency plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Provincial Case Workers ensuring Member Nation children in care Off-Reserve stay and/or reconnect with their family members and community.
- Ensure Member Nation children have a viable and visible cultural plan that includes the child’s heritage, family, and cultural traditions.
- Responsible for identifying and continuous tracking of all Off-Reserve member Nation children in care of the Provinces’ Child and Family Services Authorities.
- Primary Resource/Liaison and Advocate between the Member Nation children in care with their families and communities.
- Construct specific and detailed Ancestry Trees of each Member Nation Child in Care.
- Facilitate and ensure the correct filing of Band Membership requirements for each Member Nation Child in Care.
- Facilitate and ensure the correct filling of INAC Status Registration for each qualifying Member Nation Child in Care.
- Plan and Perform Family Circles with Member Nation children in care and their families.
- Regularly scheduled face to face visits with bio families, foster parents, and the children in care.
- Constant communication with provincial employees of the various Child and Family Services offices across Canada to obtain regular, updated information regarding the status and well-being of the children in care.
- Assist and participate in Family group conferences in person or via phone.
- Advocate and/or support the family and children in care during court proceedings/filings.
- Attend and lead the children, foster families, and/or bio families during planned attendance at various cultural events and celebrations in their Nation’s communities.
– BA with 3 years of social worker experience, or Diploma with 5 years of work experience
– valid driving license
– clean criminal record
– extensive awareness of First Nation’s culture, history
– able to speak Dene or Cree is preferred
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.email@example.com