Athabasca Tribal Council is seeking a self-motivated, professional individual who has a strong commitment to working with children and families to ensure they reach their full potential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Deliver leadership, training, support and direction to casework staff to deliver quality services under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of casework staff and assist with caseloads if required
• Share in ongoing program development
• Provide regular formal supervision and ongoing case consultation
• Offer after hour’s direction or on call response as required
• Join in team meetings and community events
• Review and monitor expenditures, both case and unit administration
• Maintain statistics and provide reports on a regular basis.
• Complete all online entry and approvals in a timely manner
• Participate in the recruitment, orientation and training of new employees
• Bachelor of Social Work or related degree with a minimum 1 year related supervisory experience
• Social Work Diploma or related diploma with a minimum of 3 years of related supervisory experience
• Currently delegated or the ability to be delegated in the province of Alberta
• Clear Intervention Check, Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable sector and Driver’s Abstract
• Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel
• Must be willing to take necessary ongoing mandatory training related to position
• Experience working with Indigenous families is an asset
Athabasca Tribal Council offers competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
Athabasca Tribal Council is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Athabasca Tribal Council will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
How to apply:
Please forward your resume and any related certificates to: email@example.com
Closing date: Position will remain open until suitable candidate it selected
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org